On this page:
The Working With Vulnerable People Act 2011 commenced on 8 November 2012. All workers and volunteers providing regulated activities and services to vulnerable people (children and vulnerable adults) must be registered. CEIS requires all volunteers to apply for WWVP registration. These notes should assist.
Upon approval you will be issued with a registration card including a unique identity number which is valid for 3 years. CEIS will be advised of your registration, excluding any personal details.
Notes for registration as a CEIS volunteer
- registration for volunteers is free – however if you are paid in another role providing a service or activity to vulnerable people then you will need to pay the registration fee and include your other work details as well as the CEIS details
- for CEIS it is a general registration as a volunteer
- 3 forms of current identification will be needed
- forms can be lodged:|
– by post (identification items must be copied and certified)
– in person (take identification items with you)
– online here
The regulated activity employer/organisation is:
Christian Education in Schools
82 Limestone Avenue
Contact person: Karen Baron
Ph: (w) 6230 5155
Applicant position/role: Religious Education volunteer
Regulated activity: Religious Organisations and Child Education Services
(tick any other relevant boxes IF you are involved in other organisations)
You are not an ACT Government employee for CEIS volunteering.