CEIS values the support and power of prayer. Anyone is welcome to join in any prayer activity below.
On this page:
General prayer points: Term 2 – 2022
“For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made…” Romans 1:20
Thank you for praying for Christian Education in Schools. Your prayers are vital. We praise God that we are able to provide this service in ACT government primary schools. We give thanks for the opportunity children have to seek, question and explore our amazing God!
PRAISING GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS
- opportunities to run sessions at some schools in term 1 in students’ cohort groups
- for students and families wondering about the resurrection story and what it means for them
- continued connection with schools via email updates
- time to address other administrative tasks
- local prayer and connections within communities
PRAYING AHEAD FOR TERM 2
- CEIS staff and volunteers able to have session items ready for Term 2
- that the prepared Term 2 CEIS materials “What is God like?” serves God’s message to the children
- for wisdom for the education directorate and school leadership as they make decisions for students’ safety
- that churches seek to partner with their local school and community
- that God guides the Term 2 use of time to bless His purposes and plans
- that CEIS connections remain strong across schools, churches, leaders and volunteers
- that students and families consider God as they face the challenges of life
Specific prayer points: emailed when CEIS occurs in schools
Subscribe to ‘Prayer Points’ below to have the general + specific prayer points emailed to you each school term.
AT CEIS TRAINING: A time of prayer occurs at each of the CEIS training sessions, during week 5 of each term. Anyone is welcome to pop in and pray whether they are volunteering or not – details here.
IN COMMUNITY GROUPS: People in our community want to gather and pray too! Prayer+ gatherings are open for all – just come along and pray!
Children’s Ministry Network (CMN)
2022 – Prayer Opportunities
Term 2: Wednesday 4th May 1:30 – 2:30pm In person: Nations Heart, 27 Rae St Belconnen
Or Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85312698479?pwd=SmJ0VmVzY3RPME9EajFPdlZFVHJwUT09
Meeting ID: 853 1269 8479
Term 3: Wednesday 27th July
Meeting ID: 863 4835 2693
Term 4: Wednesday 19th October
Meeting ID: 885 7932 6934
Term 2: Friday 6th May 9:30-10:30am
In person: Gordon Community Centre 110 Lewis Luxton Ave Gordon
John Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 955 9564 7380
Term 3: Friday 29th July
Term 4: Friday 21st October
The ACT Children’s Ministry Network (CMN) aims to support prayer, fellowship and growth for individuals and ministries focused on children and families.
The CMN is hosted by an ecumenical group of Christian leaders from the ACT.
- Facilitator – Libby Horton
- Facebook page – CMN ACT Region
These leaders are involved in a range of churches and Christian ministries and are passionate about connecting people of all ages and cultures in their exploration of Christianity and following Jesus. They value the place of church in community and pursue relevant options to engage a broader audience across our modern society.