CEIS values the support and power of prayer. Anyone is welcome to join in any prayer activity below.
On this page:
General prayer points: Term 2 – 2023
“Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.” Psalms 119:18
Thank you for praying for Christian Education in Schools. Your prayers are vital. We praise God that we are able to provide this service in ACT government primary schools. We give thanks for the opportunity children have to seek, question and explore God, Jesus and the Bible!
PRAISING GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS
- positive support from schools during the very busy Term 1 sessions
- provision for all scheduled sessions to go ahead
- students being cooperative and engaged
- great conversations, questions and wondering
- visitors from new churches coming to observe CEIS in action
- starting at one more new school in the Gunghalin area
PRAYING AHEAD FOR TERM 2
- that all is ready for Term 2 sessions
- that all the parents who are interested would learn how to sign their children into CEIS
- that the ‘good news’ exploring is received as good news by each student
- that church enquiries develop into local school partnerships
- that CEIS connections remain strong across schools, churches, leaders and volunteers
- that students & families consider exploring the message of the Bible at home together
- that CEIS would start to happen in a new way at high schools
Specific prayer points: emailed when CEIS occurs in schools
Subscribe to ‘Prayer Points’ below to have the general + specific prayer points emailed to you each school term.
AT CEIS TRAINING: A time of prayer occurs at each of the CEIS training sessions, during week 5 of each term. Anyone is welcome to pop in and pray whether they are volunteering or not – details here.
IN COMMUNITY GROUPS: People in our community want to pray too! CEIS partners with others through the ACT CMN, to offer various gatherings for encouragement, support and prayer. All are welcome – further details are below.
Children’s Ministry Network (CMN)
Prayer gathering opportunities
Join with others to pray for children, youth, families and their related ministries across Canberra.
Term 2: Friday 5 May 9:30-10:30am
Gordon Community Centre, 110 Lewis Luxton Ave, Gordon
Or join in by Zoom:
Meeting ID: 881 1836 9705
Join with others committed in service to children and young people, at this half-day of training, fellowship, prayer and encouragement.
Saturday 29 July (save the date)
Location and details coming soon
The ACT Children’s Ministry Network (CMN) aims to support prayer, fellowship and growth for individuals and ministries focused on children and families.
The CMN is hosted by an ecumenical group of Christian leaders from the ACT.
- Facilitator – Libby Horton
- Facebook page – CMN ACT Region
These leaders are involved in a range of churches and Christian ministries and are passionate about connecting people of all ages and cultures in their exploration of Christianity and following Jesus. They value the place of church in community and pursue relevant options to engage a broader audience across our modern society.