CEIS values the support and power of prayer. Anyone is welcome to join in any prayer activity below.
On this page:
General prayer points: Term 4 – 2020
Isaiah 9: 2 & 6: “The people walking in darkness will see a great light. For those who live in a land of deep darkness, a light will shine…. For a child is born to us, a son is given to us.”
Thank you for praying for Christian Education in Schools. Your prayers are vital. We praise God that we are able to provide this service in ACT government primary schools. We give thanks for the opportunity children have to seek, question and explore our amazing God!
PRAISING GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS
- most schools resuming with CEIS sessions again
- student participation and engagement as they explored ‘What is the Bible?’
- God’s provision, with all planned sessions for Term 3 taking place, despite COVID-19 limitations and cautions
- continued church-school partnerships, with strong relationships developing
- positive connections with numerous schools
- ongoing support for CEIS through volunteers, donations and prayer
PRAYING AHEAD FOR TERM 4
- school bookings remain and even more resume with CEIS sessions
- preparation of curriculum and resources for the Term 4 Christmas Celebrations – ‘Why did Jesus come?’
- health, energy and equipping of leaders & volunteers; God prompting new people
- encouraging participation and wellbeing of all students
- for churches in general as they prepare for Advent and Christmas around current restrictions; that through this term and into 2021 many agree to chat, prioritize or partner with a school for CEIS
Specific prayer points: emailed when CEIS occurs in schools
Would you like to subscribe to ‘Prayer Points’ to have the general + specific prayer points emailed to you each school term?
AT CEIS TRAINING: A time of prayer occurs at each of the CEIS training sessions, during week 5 of each term. Anyone is welcome to pop in and pray whether they are volunteering or not – details here.
IN COMMUNITY GROUPS: People in our community want to gather and pray too! Prayer+ gatherings are open for all – just come along and pray!
Thu Oct 22: Zoom Prayer+ 8.00-9.00pm
Zoom ID: 870 6454 1778
Meeting Password: Pra@yer
Fri Oct 23: Southside Prayer+ 10.00-11.00am
@ Gordon Community Centre – 110 Lewis Luxton Ave GORDON
or ZOOM Meeting ID: 852 6661 8237 Passcode: 456866 Zoom Link here
(If you’d like to join in person on Friday 23 Oct at 10am call Lyndal Rogers M: 0418 221 489 to let her know. We have space for 12 prayers.)
Wed Oct 28: Northside Prayer+ 1.30-2.30pm
@ Nations Heart Christian Community – 27 Rae St BELCONNEN
Children’s Ministry Network (CMN)
The ACT Children’s Ministry Network (CMN) aims to support prayer, fellowship and growth for individuals and ministries focused on children and families. Stay tuned for exciting options coming up in 2020.
The CMN is hosted by an ecumenical group of Christian leaders from the ACT.
- Facilitator – Frieda Roland (while Libby Horton is on leave)
- Facebook page – CMN ACT Region
These leaders are involved in a range of churches and Christian ministries and are passionate about connecting people of all ages and cultures in their exploration of Christianity and following Jesus. They value the place of church in community and pursue relevant options to engage a broader audience across our modern society.