CEIS values the support and power of prayer. Anyone is welcome to join in any prayer activity below.
On this page:
General prayer points: Term 4 – 2018
Thank you for praying for CEIS. Your prayers are vital.
We give thanks for the opportunity local children have to seek, question and explore Christian faith, hope and love.
We give thanks for Christian unity in providing this service in ACT schools.
Luke 2:10-11: “But the angel reassured them, saying, “Don’t be afraid. For I have come to bring you good news, the most joyous news the world has ever heard! And it is for everyone everywhere! For today in Bethlehem a rescuer was born for you. He is the Lord Yahweh, the Messiah.” (TPT)
PRAISING GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS
- the provision of volunteers, leaders and resources for all sessions last term
- more regular teams in many schools
- a new chaplain for Black Mountain School and faithful volunteers continuing to share weekly with students there
- settled and inquisitive students in most schools
- students discovering more about some epic Bible rescues and linking them to God’s one big story
- wonder and excitement from so many exploring God’s Big Rescue in Jesus
- developing relationships with staff and students in many schools
- dedicated teachers and staff preparing and organising for sessions
- ongoing support for CEIS through donations and prayer
PRAYING AHEAD FOR TERM 4
- clarity in procedures for notes for 2019 across all schools
- visibility of sessions and access for the whole school via email or newsletters
- a last CEIS session for Year 6 students who will move onto High School next year
- following up on requests in 2 more new schools
- parent contacts/requests in a school where sessions have been stopped
- school support/duty of care in a few schools
- ongoing provision and support for volunteer leaders
- health, availability and openness of volunteers serving again this term
- planning & preparation for the T4 session
- increasing use of the updated CEIS website
- establishment of a CEIS Reference Group/Board to further support this ministry
- developing links with the wider Canberra church
* Specific prayer points: emailed when CEIS occurs in schools
Would you like to subscribe to ‘Prayer Points’ to have the general + specific prayer points emailed to you each school term?
During week 5 of each school term CEIS provides 3 volunteer training sessions. The first 30 minutes of these are dedicated to praying for CEIS.
Anyone interested in praying with others for CEIS is very welcome to join this prayer time, whether attending the training session immediately following or not.
Children’s Ministry Network (CMN) – prayer
Yarralumla House of Prayer, Guilfoyle St, Yarralumla 7.00-8.30pm (arrival and departure times are flexible – come when you can)
During week 3 of each school term, CEIS combines with the CMN to have a broader time of the meeting, praying and learning with other Christians across Canberra who value all ministry to children.
Come along to discover and discuss how Canberra Christians and churches are supporting families and young people, particularly in schools.
All welcome – ministers, church members, chaplains, volunteers, friends.
- Term 1: Thursday February 15
- Term 2: Thursday May 10
- Term 3: Thursday August 2
- Term 4: Thursday October 25
The CMN is hosted by an ecumenical group of Christian leaders from the ACT.
- Facilitator – Libby Horton
- Facebook page – CMN ACT Region
These leaders are involved in a range of churches and Christian ministries and are passionate about connecting people of all ages and cultures in their exploration of Christianity and following Jesus.
They value the place of church in community and pursue relevant options to engage a broader audience across our modern society.