CEIS values the support and power of prayer. Anyone is welcome to join in any prayer activity below.
On this page:
General prayer points: Term 3 – 2021
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Thank you for praying for Christian Education in Schools. Your prayers are vital. We praise God that we are able to provide this service in ACT government primary schools. We give thanks for the opportunity children have to seek, question and explore our amazing God!
PRAISING GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS
- CEIS staff & volunteers covering all scheduled schools except one during Term 2
- student participation & engagement as they explored ‘Who, Me?’ questions
- the effort made by leaders & volunteer teams across all schools, during Karen’s leave
- all 3 new schools successfully commencing sessions in Term 2
- continued church-school partnerships, with strong relationships developing
- positive connections with numerous schools
- ongoing support for CEIS through volunteers, donations and prayer
PRAYING AHEAD FOR TERM 3
- school bookings remain and every school resumes with CEIS sessions
- discussion around even more schools commencing with CEIS this year
- preparation of curriculum and resources for Term 3 Bible Bonanza – ‘Why Them?’
- more churches to partner with local schools, following some recent interest
- health, energy and equipping of leaders and volunteers; God prompting new people
- encouraging participation and well-being of all students
- God’s guidance for CEIS as various challenges and growth are considered
Specific prayer points: emailed when CEIS occurs in schools
Subscribe to ‘Prayer Points’ below to have the general + specific prayer points emailed to you each school term.
AT CEIS TRAINING: A time of prayer occurs at each of the CEIS training sessions, during week 5 of each term. Anyone is welcome to pop in and pray whether they are volunteering or not – details here.
IN COMMUNITY GROUPS: People in our community want to gather and pray too! Prayer+ gatherings are open for all – just come along and pray!
Children’s Ministry Network (CMN)
2021 Term 3 and Term 4 Prayer Opportunities:
Northside Prayer 1.30-2.30 pm
Term 3: Wednesday July 21
Term 4: Wednesday October 20
@ Nations Heart Christian Community – 27 Rae St BELCONNEN
Southside Prayer+ 9:30-10:30 am
Term 3: Friday July 23
Term 4: Friday October 15
@ Gordon Community Centre – 110 Lewis Luxton Ave GORDON
The ACT Children’s Ministry Network (CMN) aims to support prayer, fellowship and growth for individuals and ministries focused on children and families.
The CMN is hosted by an ecumenical group of Christian leaders from the ACT.
- Facilitator – Frieda Roland (while Libby Horton is on leave)
- Facebook page – CMN ACT Region
These leaders are involved in a range of churches and Christian ministries and are passionate about connecting people of all ages and cultures in their exploration of Christianity and following Jesus. They value the place of church in community and pursue relevant options to engage a broader audience across our modern society.