CEIS values the support and power of prayer. Anyone is welcome to join in any prayer activity below.
On this page:
General prayer points: Term 3 – 2018
Thank you for praying for CEIS. Your prayers are vital.
We give thanks for the opportunity local children have to seek, question and explore Christian faith, hope and love.
We give thanks for Christian unity in providing this service in ACT schools.
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
- The provision of volunteers, leaders and resources for all sessions in Term 2
- Positive commencement of CEIS at Theodore Primary School
- Christian Education sessions for students at Black Mountain and Malkara school
- Much wonder and discovery of what God is like, through exploring His Hebrew names
- Developing relationships with staff and students in many schools
- Prayer support and generous donations towards the end of financial year
- Many students responding positively to the CEIS sessions
- Praying Ahead for Term 3
- Planning and preparation for the Term 3 session
- A new school – Theodore Primary hopefully starting this term
- Sorting of some complications in 2 local schools
- Consolidation of consistent teams in CEIS schools, including leaders
- Health, commitment and wisdom for volunteers through winter
- Launch of the updated CEIS website + database commencement
- Progress with further support of the CEIS project via the Churches’ Council
- Time and opportunity to build more links with more Canberra churches
* Specific prayer points: emailed when CEIS occurs in schools
Would you like to subscribe to ‘Prayer Points’ to have the general + specific prayer points emailed to you each school term?
During week 5 of each school term CEIS provides 3 volunteer training sessions. The first 30 minutes of these are dedicated to praying for CEIS.
Anyone interested in praying with others for CEIS is very welcome to join this prayer time, whether attending the training session immediately following or not.
Children’s Ministry Network (CMN) – prayer
Yarralumla House of Prayer, Guilfoyle St, Yarralumla 7.00-8.30pm (arrival and departure times are flexible – come when you can)
During week 3 of each school term, CEIS combines with the CMN to have a broader time of the meeting, praying and learning with other Christians across Canberra who value all ministry to children.
Come along to discover and discuss how Canberra Christians and churches are supporting families and young people, particularly in schools.
All welcome – ministers, church members, chaplains, volunteers, friends.
- Term 1: Thursday February 15
- Term 2: Thursday May 10
- Term 3: Thursday August 2
- Term 4: Thursday October 25
The CMN is hosted by an ecumenical group of Christian leaders from the ACT.
- Facilitator – Libby Horton
- Facebook page – CMN ACT Region
These leaders are involved in a range of churches and Christian ministries and are passionate about connecting people of all ages and cultures in their exploration of Christianity and following Jesus.
They value the place of church in community and pursue relevant options to engage a broader audience across our modern society.