CEIS values the support and power of prayer. Anyone is welcome to join in any prayer activity below.
On this page:
General prayer points: Term 1 – 2019
Psalm 46:10 “Surrender your anxiety! Be silent and stop your striving and you will see that I am God. I am the God above all the nations, and I will be exalted throughout the whole earth.” (TPT)
Thank you for praying for Christian Education in Schools. Your prayers are vital. We praise God that we are able to provide this service in ACT government primary schools. We give thanks for the opportunity children have to seek, question and explore our amazing God!
PRAISING GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS
- students exploring Christmas within the context of God’s big rescue story
- a high-school group commencing positively in Term 4
- God’s provision for all in 2018; new volunteers and leaders stepped up
- a new year begins and 39 schools have CEIS in the calendar, with most confirmed and CEIS liaison staff being organised
- excitement as the new year begins and thousands of students in Canberra will continue discovering more about Jesus and God’s one big story
- developing further relationships with staff and students in many schools
- a new chaplain now at Black Mountain School and faithful volunteers will continue to share weekly with students there
- ongoing support for CEIS through volunteers, donations and prayer
- supporters participating in the ‘Fill My Cup and ‘Keep Cup’ campaigns
PRAYING AHEAD FOR TERM 1
- positive responses from notes going home for new students across all schools
- equality of access, process and visibility of CEIS across ACT schools
- CEIS sessions and support staff organised at each school for 2019
- for all families as the school year starts, particularly Kindy & new students
- commencement of CEIS in 2 new schools (where requests were made last year)
- parent contacts/requests in a school where sessions have been stopped
- a new CEIS staff member to partner with Jo and Karen
- equipping & training of new leaders & volunteer teams; new volunteers
- consolidation of 2019 sessions as part of a 4-year plan
- commencement of the CEIS Reference Board for further support
- encouraging local churches to commit to CEIS in their local school
- Children’s Ministry Network (CMN) prayer, training & events in 2019
* Specific prayer points: emailed when CEIS occurs in schools
Would you like to subscribe to ‘Prayer Points’ to have the general + specific prayer points emailed to you each school term?
AT CEIS TRAINING: A time of prayer occurs at each of the 3 CEIS training sessions, during week 5 of each term. Anyone is welcome to pop in and pray whether they are volunteering or not – details here.
IN COMMUNITY GROUPS: People in our community want to gather and pray too! This year prayer gatherings will occur across Canberra during week 2 or 3 of each term. Prayer+ details are below (the + meaning further conversation, coffee and catch-up could happen before or after). You are welcome to attend any or all.
Wed 13 Feb: Northside Prayer+ @ Mosaic Bapt.Church – Dallachy St PAGE: 6.00-7.00pm
Fri 15 Feb: Southside Prayer+ @ SMIV Anglican Church – Were St CALWELL: 10.00-11.00am
Thu 21 Feb: Central Prayer+ @ Hughes Bapt.Church – Groom St HUGHES: 1.30-2.30pm
Children’s Ministry Network (CMN)
meet | pray | learn
During week 2 of each school term CEIS combines with the CMN to have a broader time of meeting, praying and learning with other Christians across Canberra who value all ministry to children.
Come along to discover and discuss how Canberra Christians and churches are supporting families and young people, particularly in schools. All welcome – ministers, church members, chaplains, volunteers, friends.
- Term 1: CMN ‘Welcome’ training event occurring instead – Saturday April 6 – details here
- Term 2: Tuesday May 7
- Term 3: Wednesday July 31
- Term 4: Thursday October 24
Yarralumla House of Prayer, Guilfoyle St, Yarralumla 7.00-8.30pm (come when you can)
The CMN is hosted by an ecumenical group of Christian leaders from the ACT.
- Facilitator – Libby Horton
- Facebook page – CMN ACT Region
These leaders are involved in a range of churches and Christian ministries and are passionate about connecting people of all ages and cultures in their exploration of Christianity and following Jesus.
They value the place of church in community and pursue relevant options to engage a broader audience across our modern society.