CEIS values the support and power of prayer. Anyone is welcome to join in any prayer activity below.
On this page:
General prayer points: Term 2 – 2021
Psalms 139:14 “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well.“
Thank you for praying for Christian Education in Schools. Your prayers are vital. We praise God that we are able to provide this service in ACT government primary schools. We give thanks for the opportunity children have to seek, question and explore our amazing God!
PRAISING GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS
- almost every school but one resumed CEIS sessions
- student participation and engagement as they explored ‘Easter, what’s it all about?’
- God’s provision, with all planned sessions for Term 1 taking place
- continued church-school partnerships, with strong relationships developing
- positive connections with numerous schools
- ongoing support for CEIS through volunteers, donations and prayer
- three new schools are now requesting CEIS
PRAYING AHEAD FOR TERM 2
- school bookings remain and every school resumes with CEIS sessions
- getting to all the schools on the schedule as we plan to add three new schools this term
- preparation of curriculum and resources for term 2, Beyond You – Asking questions about God and Me.
- health, energy and equipping of leaders & volunteers; God prompting new people
- encouraging participation and well-being of all students
- for churches in general as they step out of a difficult year that through this term and into 2021 many will agree to chat, prioritize or partner with a school for CEIS
Specific prayer points: emailed when CEIS occurs in schools
Would you like to subscribe to ‘Prayer Points’ to have the general + specific prayer points emailed to you each school term?
AT CEIS TRAINING: A time of prayer occurs at each of the CEIS training sessions, during week 5 of each term. Anyone is welcome to pop in and pray whether they are volunteering or not – details here.
IN COMMUNITY GROUPS: People in our community want to gather and pray too! Prayer+ gatherings are open for all – just come along and pray!
Children’s Ministry Network (CMN)
2021 Term 2 Prayer Opportunities:
Wed 28 April: Northside Prayer 1.30-2.30 pm
@ Nations Heart Christian Community – 27 Rae St BELCONNEN
Fri 30 April: Southside Prayer+ 9:30-10:30 am
@ Gordon Community Centre – 110 Lewis Luxton Ave GORDON
Proposed Prayer Dates for Terms 3 – 4:
Northside Prayer: 4 Aug, 20 Oct
Southside Prayer: 23 July, 15 Oct
The ACT Children’s Ministry Network (CMN) aims to support prayer, fellowship and growth for individuals and ministries focused on children and families. Stay tuned for exciting options coming up in 2021.
The CMN is hosted by an ecumenical group of Christian leaders from the ACT.
- Facilitator – Frieda Roland (while Libby Horton is on leave)
- Facebook page – CMN ACT Region
These leaders are involved in a range of churches and Christian ministries and are passionate about connecting people of all ages and cultures in their exploration of Christianity and following Jesus. They value the place of church in community and pursue relevant options to engage a broader audience across our modern society.